Monday, January 17, 2011

QR Codes Anyone?

Have you ever seen one of these and wondered to yourself what exactly it was and/or how you scan it? The first time I saw one was in a Best Buy ad paper and after about 5 minutes I figured out how to use my Android phone to scan it. To my surprise, after scanning it a website pulled up on my phone. It was THE coolest thing I had ever seen. The first lot of business cards I ordered from Moo.com (ever been there? if not, check 'em out) I put one of these codes on it. I'm not sure if my customers knew exactly what to do with it. However, I feel that in the next year these QR codes are going to spread like wildfire and I wanted to be the first on the bandwagon. QR Codes are awesome because you can program any type of phone number, contact information, website, or SMS message into one and save the file on your computer to print or post online. The website I found that was most helpful was Kaywa. It's self-explanatory and so easy to use and save onto your PC. The QR code I have below will take you to one of my sites. If you've never used one before, here's what you have to do:

First - you have to have a SMARTPHONE. (i.e. Blackberry, Android, Windows based, or iPhone). My phone in particular is through AT&T and it is a Samsung Captivate. Prior to purchasing an app called "AT&T Code Scanner" had been installed. So if you have something similar, simply open the app and hold the camera lens up to the QR code and wait for the phone to read the code. And there ya go... the site should pop up. How cool is that? Just thought I would share this tidbit with you. Happy scanning!

qrcode.

Side Note: I have yet to start my 365 project. I have every intention to but I started school back this week, rearranged and updated my office, and have been trying to promote ChainedStories as much as possible. However, I plan to start as soon as I have some free time. I have to say that I am totally impressed with the revamp I did on my office. It looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and so much bigger (see pics below). The walls are very bare right now, but that should be taken care of by the end of the week. That's all I got for now... Happy scanning and redecorating!

Until next time...


 


No comments:

Post a Comment